Resources for Patients and Participants
Focus Area: Current Project
Focus Area: Ethics, Conduct, and Oversight
Accurate health and research information from trusted, reliable sources is needed. The MRCT Center is committed to empowering individuals to understand clinical research and to make informed choices about whether to join, and remain in, research studies. With expertise in health literacy, and diversity, equity and inclusion, the MRCT Center created a website specifically for patients, potential participants, and the public.
Whenever possible, we have translated our resources and tools into other languages to support representation of diverse communities.
The MRCT Center is devoted to supporting ongoing efforts to ensure better representation of all communities in research.
Please visit our Community Resources Site.
Current status: Active
Impact: Increased understanding of and informed participation for enrolled research participants
- To provide educational materials about clinical research to various audiences, including participants, friends/family members, health proxies, parents/guardians, and children.
- To prepare individuals considering participation in clinical research in prior to recruitment and consent, and throughout their involvement in a study.
- All resources are posted on the “Community Resources” site.
- Barbara E. Bierer, MD. Faculty Director, MRCT Center
- Sylvia Baedorf Kassis, MPH. Program Manager, MRCT Center
- Lisa Koppelman, MSW, LICSW, MPH, Program Manager, MRCT Center