Resources for Patients and Participants
Focus Area: Ethics, Conduct, and Oversight
Accurate health and research information from trusted, reliable sources is needed. The MRCT Center is committed to empowering individuals to understand clinical research and to make informed choices about whether to join, and remain in, research studies. With experience in health literacy expertise and equity and inclusion, the MRCT Center created a website specifically for patients, potential participants, and the public.
Whenever possible, we have translated our resources and tools into different languages to support representation of diverse communities.
The MRCT Center is devoted to supporting ongoing efforts to ensure better representation of all communities in research.
Please visit our Community Resources Site.
Current status: Active
Impact: Increased understanding of and informed participation in research studies among community members
- To provide educational materials about clinical research to various audiences, including participants, friends/family members, health proxies, parents/guardians, and children.
- To prepare potential clinical research participants for participation in research in advance of recruitment and consent.
- All deliverables are posted on the “Community Resources” site.
- Barbara E. Bierer, MD. Faculty Director, MRCT Center
- Sylvia Baedorf Kassis, MPH. Program Manager, MRCT Center
- Lisa Koppelman, MSW, LICSW, MPH, Program Manager, MRCT Center